1st Row: (to be read from West to East)
"The Conception of God"
- Compasses: God's omnipotence is visible everywhere.
- Sun and Moon: The heaven's show forth His glory, one day declares it to be another.
- Plumb-line: His power descends from above to the whole of the earth
- Level: and spreads over the surface of the world.
- Two columns: Rising and setting are His work
- Delta: and show us there must be a divine existence.
- Cross and Cable-tow: The true and first perception of Him has come to us through Christ.
- Gavel: Through him we learn the proper government of the moral as well as the physical world.
- Blazing Star: Thus He appears as the paternal Creator,
- Hexagonal Star: as the merciful, beneficent, preserver of the world,
- Square: and as the everlasting, all-righteous God.
2nd Row: (to be read from North to South)
"The Way From Darkness to Light"
(The moral evolution in virtue of the conception of God.)
- Rough Ashlar: The natural man who, being ignorant, has to learn by the spirit of God,
- Tessellated Pavement: but is still His child, capable of development by the divine light that dwells within him.
- Seven Steps: by patient perseverance in well doing, and thus ennobling himself
- Trowel: he purifies and refines his heart according to the will of the Great Architect.
- Cross and Cable-tow: The real Teacher of the true way of life is the Master of Nazareth,
- Skull & Crossbones: who has shown by precept and example, that we can, whilst on earth here, separate the earthly from the heavenly,
- Acacia: and who has brought life
- Perfect Ashlar: and eternal existence to all.
All of these symbols interpreted together, explain and lay out the Freemason's doctrine that the organization lived by, based all their tenants on, held their members to.
Needless to say, we feel like a character in the movie National Treasure uncovering the secret within this little globe and learning the meaning behind it.